MBD and not eating

Forum for life threatening squirrel emergencies
winniesmom77
MBD and not eating

Post by winniesmom77 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:14 pm

Hello I Have a 4 1/2 yr old female gray and she has just recently been diagnosed with MBD she is making progress sorta She is moving around and very alert when I bring her outside in her sunning cage, However when I bring her in all she wants to do is sleep ,
She will not eat ANYTHING AT ALL and hasnt all week,
I have been giving her fox valley 20 50 with the extra calcium dosage 4 times a day force feeding her with a syringe and miracle nipple and forcing her the same way to get her to drink water in between.
She is also getting her appropriate dose of infant motrin every 6 to 8 hours .
She will not eat or drink anything
I have e offered her fresh Henry's blocks the picky formula
Fresh veggies
I even tried to make her calcium balls with both peanutbutter and cashew butter I even tried both ways with honey
Today I ground up her favorite thing ever walnuts and made a powder and added honey and calcium to that again nope .
I then took that and ground up some Henry's picky blocks and added that and made balls still nope.

She acts like a different squirrel in her sunning cage outside then when she is inside.
Is this all part of her MBD ? Any tips and tricks to get her to eat so I can stop forcing her with a syringe?
I will also attach a video from this morning in her sun cage . She threw all her veggies around and even tossed the dish like she was having a fit. But she is active outside and a different girl the second I bring her in all she wants is her bed.

Link to video...

https://youtu.be/WkMF9E7Zigg

Skippy

Re: MBD and not eating

Post by Skippy » Wed Sep 30, 2020 10:50 pm

Follow the MBD protocol to the letter. It will take MONTHS to rebuild bone density. Guaranteed she’s not gonna like it BUT, down the road you’ll have a healthy squirrel. Don’t get sucked in by those pleading eyes and snit fits. Don’t think poor baby will starve. She won’t. A healthy block and greens are what she needs. Anything less and your baby is condemned to poor health and an early end.
As you do to the least of these, so you do unto me