Mr. Finley

Tell us about your squirrel(s) and experience. Please share photos - we LOVE photos!
Finley
Mr. Finley

Post by Finley » Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:16 pm

Hi everyone. This is my first post on the Squirrel Forum. My husband and I were on vacation in Florida in January 2020, packing up the car to leave the motel and head home when Dave (Black Squirrel) saw the "I Love Squirrels" window sticker on our car. He and Janet introduced us to Noodles their precious little one who only has use of her front legs, but still manages to get around. He asked if we would ever consider adopting a rescue squirrel and we said sure, and exchanged contact info.

Less than a month after we got home, Dave gave us a call saying he had a squirrel for us! Oh my goodness. I never really thought we would be asked to take in a squirrel. I was a nervous wreck but Dave and Janet were wonderful and helped us with all our questions and taught us how to care for Mr. Finley. He is one of the family now, our only 'pet' so he is spoiled rotten and we are totally thrilled to have him!

We are the proud happy owners of Mr. Finley, a non releasable, all black squirrel, but he is an Eastern Gray. We have been encouraging wild squirrels to enjoy our feeders for years, but never dreamed we would have a squirrel living in our house! We celebrated Fins 2nd birthday this month, September.

I am looking forward to posting some pictures of Fin, as soon as I figure out how to do that. Also looking forward to reading your stories.

Take care and stay safe, Kathy L.